As schools continue closing across America due to coronavirus (COVID-19), a new concern has emerged from parents; What will my kids do all day? If you find yourself in this camp, here are some things to consider while home with your kids.
There’s a reason why schools and daycares stick to routines. Because they work! Think about their daily routine and work towards sticking to as much of that routine as you can.
- When is breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks?
- When is recess?
- Break up the day to focus on different subjects (your kids can even help you with deciding what to do when)
I’m sure you’re thinking, “Great, but how can I keep a routine when I’m trying to work from home?” This is something that we’ve been hearing from a lot of families with young kids. That and, “Its only been 3 days and…” As long as you can help keep some sort of routine you’ll be fine. All we can do is our best in times like this.
We’ve pulled together some ideas for you as you navigate a new normal:
Free learning tools
There are a lot of online resources for kids to learn. Here are some options for online learning while home with the kids.
Ideas on activities
- Puzzles, board games, cards
- Physical fitness (on-demand workouts, YouTube fitness routines, running laps in the yard, basketball, soccer, playground, walking, etc.)
- Mindfulness (yoga, meditation (Headspace offering free support), etc.)
- 5 screen-free activities for kids
- 40 indoor activities for kids
We will all weather the storm together and come out stronger on the other side. In the meantime, we hope these ideas help get you through trying times.
If you have any questions about how the real estate market is being affected right now, please feel free to reach out to us on social media or via our contact us form.